One of my favorite things to make is buffalo chicken pizza. I first got the idea to make it from Carrots ‘N Cake and I first made it around this time two years ago.
Since then, when I come to my parents’ house (I don’t usually cook meat in my apartment), I like to make the pizza. It used to be great because I could share it with my brother, but my brother is now a vegetarian so I am stuck eating all the pizza by myself. Too bad.
I was especially excited to cook it today because my parents got me a pizza pan for Christmas.
My whole reason for making this pizza was the leftover chicken I had from Christmas. I wanted chicken on Christmas, but, since my mom is a vegan and my dad and brother are vegetarians, no one else wanted chicken. So I roasted a small chicken. And had lots left over.
First, I made the dough.
Recipe from Eat, Live, Run.
Because my parents’ house is so cold (my bedroom rarely gets above 64 degrees) I had to turn the oven on its lowest temperature, heat it up, and then put the dough in there it rise.
Then, as the dough was rising, I stewed my chicken in buffalo sauce and shredded it once it had been in the sauce for a while.
Next, after the dough rose for about an hour, I put the pizza pan in the oven and heated it to 450 degrees.
I always suck at transferring the pizza to the pan so I decided I would just lay everything out and then quickly put it all together on the pan and then pop it all back in the oven.
And then I had a delicious pizza!
Add some green beans and I had the perfect dinner.
If you’re crazy enough to try my recipe at home…
1. Roll out a ball of pizza dough (either home made or store bought)
2. Cook chicken (or reheat already cooked chicken) in about 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce
3. Put a thin layer, probably around 1/2 or 3/4 cup, of blue cheese dressing on as the sauce
4. Put chicken that’s been cooking in buffalo sauce on top of the dressing
5. Put mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup) on top of the chicken
6. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles
7. Cook for 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees
8. Remove from oven, let rest for a couple of minutes, and enjoy!